Ingredients for 4-6:
- 1 pound of zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons ITALICO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 fresh hot red pepper or dry chili pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup tomato pulp, fresh or bottled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt to taste
- ½-3/4 pound of dry pasta of your choice, cooked per instructions on the box.
Put the zucchini in a large skillet or wok, drizzle with 2 T. ITALICO EVOO, stir to coat the zucchini with the oil and place over high heat. When the zucchini starts to sizzle, lower the heat and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
Push the zucchini to the sides of the pan and pour the remaining ITALICO EVOO into the center of the pan. Add the garlic and hot pepper, then cook for a minute or two.
Add the tomato pulp, stir to combine well, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the basil and season with salt to taste.
This works well as a side dish for 4-6 or can be served over hot pasta.