Ingredients for 6-8:
- 1 cup fine bulgur (No. 1)
- 1-1/3 cups fresh lemon juice, about five lemons
- 3 bunches scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cups chopped parsley (about 2 bunches)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup ULIVA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
Put the bulgur into a large glass or ceramic dish and sir in 1 cup of the lemon juice and 2 cups water. Cover the bowl and set aside at room temperature until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the bulgur is tender, about 2 hours. Drain the bulgur in a sieve, gently pressing to remove excess liquid.
Transfer to a clean glass bowl and add the scallions, parsley, tomatoes, olive oil and the remaining 1/3 cup lemon juice. Season to taste and stir to blend to serve.