Ingredients for 6:
- 200 gr/7 oz peeled and minced carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup minced walnut kernel
- 130 gr/8 oz sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml /6.5 .oz Ginger oil
- a pinch of salt
- 8 oz flour
- 6 gr/0.2 oz baking powder / 1 tsp yeast
- 4 tsps mixed powdered spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cloves)
- 1/2 tsps just ground mixed pepper (white, green, pink, black, Jamaican).
Whip the eggs with sugar until the mixture becomes foamy, add the oil while continuing to whip and mix carrots, raisins and walnuts.
Sieve the flour with baking powder, salt and baking powder and fold in the egg mixture, mixing well.
Pour into a buttered 20-22 cm baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 180° C (350 °F)