Superb spicy gazpacho with ULIVA EVOO and white balsamic vinegar
Ingredients for 6:
- 2 1/2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small fresh jalapeño chili, or to taste, seeded and chopped (wear rubber gloves)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 3/4 teaspoon salt enough white bread, crusts removed and bread torn into pieces, to measure
- 2 cups (about 4 slices)
- 3 tablespoons REALE White Balsamic Vinegar 4 year old
- 3 tablespoons ULIVA Extra Virgin Olive Oil ice water for thinning soup croutons and finely diced tomato, green bell pepper, and cucumber for garnish
Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less but requires additional unattended time.
In a blender purée chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeño, onion, and cucumber, garlic paste, bread, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Force purée through a coarse sieve into a bowl and chill soup at least 6 hours or overnight. Thin soup with ice water and serve topped with croutons and finely diced vegetables.
Makes 6 ½ cups