- 13 eggs (refrigerated at least a week before boiling)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced scallion (green and white part) or onion
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne or 4 squirts hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons ULIDEA OLIVE DUST
- 2 tablespoons each, finely minced red and green (or other colors) bell peppers
- Shredded lettuce for serving
Hardboiled eggs peel best if stored, refrigerated, at least a week before boiling. Fresh eggs do not peel well.
As with regular devilled eggs, use an extra egg for every 12 to be served, to allow for torn whites and to make more filling with the extra yolk. Careful stirring of the eggs during the first half of boiling helps center the yolks.
Bring eggs to a gentle boil in large uncovered pan with water 3 inches above eggs. Gently roll eggs around with spoon 4 to 5 times during first 4 minutes of simmering (to help yolks be centered when fully cooked). Simmer a total of 14 minutes. Remove from water and cool.
Peel eggs, rinse, and dry with paper towel. Cut in half lengthwise. Gently scoop yolks into bowl.
Mash yolks with a fork. Mix in remaining ingredients except olive dust and bell pepper. Let sit 10 minutes. Mix again, taste, and add salt, if desired.
Using two teaspoons, fill the best 24 egg whites with yolk mixture. Place in casserole or baking dish with high sides.
With fingers, sprinkle yolk mixture in eggs with olive dust, letting a little dust onto the whites. Mix red and green bell peppers. With fingers, place peppers evenly over stuffed parts of eggs.
Cover dish with lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate until needed – up to 24 hours.
Serve on a bed of finely shredded lettuce and add additional ULIDEA OLIVE DUST just before serving. Enjoy!!