Ingredients for 6:
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup ULIVA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
Boil potatoes until just tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Add oil to potatoes and toss to coat. Mix in onion, bell pepper, lemon juice, oregano, mint, salt and pepper. Can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover, chill. Let stand at room temperature one hour before serving.
Can be doubled, tripled etc.
This was a favorite of Bishop Pierre Whalen. “The Church Ladies” at St James Episcopal in Florence would make it when the Bishop came to visit.