Ingredients for 6-8:
- 3 cups cooked black-eyed peas (or two 15 oz. cans, rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup brown rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons ULIVA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
In a medium serving bowl, combine black eyed peas, onion, celery, bell pepper and salt.
For dressing, combine garlic and mustard in a blender or food processor, Add vinegar and pulse to blend. Add oils and blend again. Add basil and purée until smooth. Drizzle over bean mixture and toss.